Thursday 12 December 2019

Or, We Could Just Go Back to OR… (McMinnville Wine & Food Classic 2020 Competition)

McMinnville Wine & Food Classic 2020 1

Presumably because its polite residents haven’t yet learned their lesson, I’ve been invited back to Oregon to help judge the 2020 McMinnville Wine & Food Classic Wine Competition, to be held January 11. It’s been the better part of eighteen months since I’ve had my boots on the ground in that fine state, so I’m looking forward to returning, and I am totally welcoming the opportunity to announce that fact, and especially to further delaying sorting through my travel notes and photos to bring you coverage of my recent(-ish) times in Austria and Sicily, because, well, that’s like work and stuff…

This is a new venture for me, and I’ll be a part of nine new judges in 2020, who in turn will be joining a returning roster of a further nine judges, including other writers, educators, sommeliers, buyers, and PR mavens. I’m grateful to call several in both of those camps as colleagues and friends already, and so I welcome – and will take – the further opportunity now to apologize to the town of McMinnville for whatever disruption we cause when we’re all reunited in the same location that week (sorry!).

McMinnville Wine & Food Classic 2020 2

There’s more to come, of course, after the event, For now – the whole shebang benefits a 501c3 nonprofit supporting children’s education at St. James School, so I’d encourage you to buy up some event tickets (if you’re local), or donate (if you’re not).

Cheers!

Grab The 1WineDude.com Tasting Guide and start getting more out of every glass of wine today!

Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com

Copyright © 2016. Originally at Or, We Could Just Go Back to OR… (McMinnville Wine & Food Classic 2020 Competition) from 1WineDude.com - for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!

source http://www.1winedude.com/or-we-could-just-go-back-to-or-mcminnville-wine-food-classic-2020-competition/

No comments:

Post a Comment