Wednesday 30 September 2020

Alentejo Sizzles and the Wine Biz Fizzles (Recent NVWA Articles)

What Does the U.S. Wine Business Need to Combat Racism? It Needs You.
image: NVWA

Just a quick hit today to tell you about my most recent articles for the Napa Valley Wine Academy. The latest is my final report from my Alentejo media jaunt, focusing on a handful of the region’s producers who are turning Alentejo’s reputation as a hot area pumping out ripe, enormous wines a bit on its head: New Kid, Old Towns.

The next, released a bit earlier in August, is What Does the U.S. Wine Business Need to Combat Racism? It Needs You. As you can almost certainly discern from that title, it includes my thoughts on systemic racism in the U.S. wine industry, and specifically how wine education can help to combat it. And yeah, I’ve already received some hate e-mail for it, which I think underscores the need for pieces like that to be written.

Anyway, I’d love to know your thoughts on the above (unless you’re actually racist, in which case, please piss off forever ;-).

Cheers!

Upscale your palate! My new books are now available from Rockridge Press! Copyright © 2020. Originally at Alentejo Sizzles and the Wine Biz Fizzles (Recent NVWA Articles) from 1WineDude.com - for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!


source http://www.1winedude.com/alentejo-sizzles-and-the-wine-biz-fizzles-recent-nvwa-articles/

No comments:

Post a Comment